All Site Content (as defined below) is current as of the date it is posted on the Site to the best of Artica’s knowledge.
2. Intellectual Property
The Site and its entire contents, data, features, and functionality (including but not limited to text, graphics, video, logos, button icons, databases, and images) (“Site Content”) are the property of Artica or its licensors and are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws, except as indicated below. Site Content does not include User Contribution(s), as defined below.
The Artica name and related logos are trademarks and service marks (“Marks”) of Artica. Artica Marks may not be used without advance written permission of Artica including in connection with any product or service that is not provided by Artica in any manner that is likely to cause confusion, or in any manner that disparages, discredits, or misrepresents Artica. Other products or company names mentioned on the Site may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.
If you believe that any content on the Site violates your intellectual property rights, please notify Artica as described in Section 19.
3. Limited License and Prohibited Uses
Artica grants you a personal, royalty-free, non-assignable, revocable, and non-exclusive license to access and use the Site Content as an informative resource and to engage in transactions while using the Site. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, framing, display or performance of Site Content without prior permission of Artica is strictly prohibited. You may not download, print, copy, distribute, or otherwise use Site Content for commercial purposes, including publication, sale, or personal gain. You may not remove any Marks or other proprietary notices, including, without limitation, attribution information, credits, and copyright notices that have been placed on or near the Site Content.
- Use the Site in any way that violates any applicable law or regulation.
- Use the Site for the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm anyone in any way.
- Transmit or procure the sending of any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail,” “chain letter,” “spam,” or any other similar solicitation.
- Impersonate or attempt to impersonate Artica any Artica employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses associated with any of the foregoing).
- Engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Site, or which, as determined by Artica may harm Artica or users of the Site or expose them to liability.
- Use the Site in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Site or interfere with any other party's use of the Site, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Site.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Site for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Site.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any material on the Site or for any other unauthorized purpose without Artica’s prior written consent.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Site.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Site, the server on which the Site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Site.
- Attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site.
This Site is not intended for children under 13 in the United States per the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act or under 16 years of age elsewhere. For more information, please see our Privacy Notice.
4. Account Registration
To access portions of the Site, you may be asked to register and to provide related Information. It is a condition of your use of the Site that all Information you provide is complete, current, and accurate. Artica can terminate your registration at any time for any reason.
5. Use and Protection of Login Credentials
6. User Contribution
Any reviews you contribute on the Site, creative ideas, suggestions, proposals, plans, or other materials, you send to us, whether online, on the Site, by email, by postal mail or otherwise make available to Artica (“User Contribution”) will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Site or to Artica, you grant us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our licensees, successors, and assigns the perpetual right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute, and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We are and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any comments in confidence, (2) to pay compensation for any comments, or (3) to respond to any comments
All User Contributions must comply with the content standards set out below.
You represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the User Contribution and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their licensees, successors, and assigns.
- You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contribution you submit or contribute, and you, not Artica, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness.
We are not responsible or liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any User Contribution posted by you or any other user of the Site
7. Copyright; Digital Millennium Copyright Act
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, you should notify us of your infringement claim in accordance with the procedure set forth below.
We will process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) and other applicable intellectual property laws with respect to any alleged or actual infringement. A notification of claimed copyright infringement should be emailed to hello@Artica.com (Subject line: “DMCA Takedown Request”).
Our designated copyright agent to receive DMCA Notices is:
Artica Inc. Attn: Copyright Agent 929 108th Ave NE, Suite 1410 Bellevue, WA 98004
To be effective, the notification must be in writing and contain the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site, with enough detail that we may locate it;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
Counter-Notice: If you believe that your User Contribution that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, to upload or display the content in your User Contribution, you may send a written counter-notice containing the following information to the above-listed Copyright Agent:
- your physical or electronic signature;
- identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- a statement that you have a good-faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
- your name, address, telephone number, and email address, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, we will send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party, informing that person that Artica may repost the removed content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content may be reposted, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at our sole discretion.
We may, at our sole discretion, limit access to the Site and/or terminate the account of any user who infringes any intellectual property rights of others.
8. Third Party Content
This Site may include content provided by third parties. All statements and opinions expressed by third parties are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. Those materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Artica. Artica is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
9. Links To Other Web Sites
Artica may provide links to external web sites for the convenience of Site users. The inclusion of an external link on this Site does not constitute or imply support or endorsement of any kind. Artica does not control those web sites, is not responsible for their content or function, and is not responsible for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access the third party sites linked to this Site, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use and the privacy notice for such Sites.
10. Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND TRANSACTIONS RELATED TO THE SITE ARE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. WHILE ARTICA ATTEMPTS TO PRESENT ACCURATE INFORMATION ON THE SITE, THIS SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” BASIS. ARTICA MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OR CONTENT OF THIS SITE OR ANY OTHER SITE TO WHICH IT IS LINKED. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ARTICA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR ANY WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT OF ANY PATENT OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY.
11. Limitation of Liability
ARTICA’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY, WHETHER BY STATUTE, IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, PRODUCT LIABILITY, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ITS CONTENTS WILL NOT EXCEED $100.
13. Limitation On Time To File Claims
14. Injunctive Relief
15. Waiver And Severability
16. Entire Agreement
17. Term and Termination
You agree that Artica, in its sole discretion, may suspend or terminate your access to the Site (or any part thereof) for any reason, with or without notice, and without any liability to you or to any third party for any claims, damages, costs, or losses resulting therefrom.
18. Applicable Law, Binding Arbitration, and Class Action Waiver
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPHS CAREFULLY BECAUSE THEY REQUIRE YOU TO AGREE TO RESOLVE ALL DISPUTES BETWEEN US THROUGH BINDING INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION.
All claims and disputes within the scope of this arbitration agreement must be arbitrated or litigated on an individual basis and not on a class basis. Claims of more than one customer or user cannot be arbitrated or litigated jointly or consolidated with those of any other customer or user.
19. Communications, Contact Information and Affiliate Information
Artica Inc. Attn: Legal 929 108th Ave NE, Suite 1410 Bellevue, WA 98004
EFFECTIVE DATE: May 25, 2022